Interim Director Job Description
Download PDF of Job Announcement: HERE
The Board of Directors of the Northwest Network of Bisexual, Trans, Lesbian, Gay Survivors of Abuse is seeking to hire an Interim Executive Director to support this unique and growing organization as we prepare for a formal executive director search. We are seeking a skilled and collaborative leader who can work with the Board of Directors, the leadership team, and staff to maintain our strong programmatic and financial position during the Executive search. The ideal candidate will have experience working with diverse staff and communities, leading teams thoughtfully through significant transitions, and will have a strengths-based approach to the challenges facing the organization.
The Northwest Network has provided services by and for the LGBTQ community for over 25 years. Our mission is to increase our communities’ ability to support the self-determination and safety of bisexual, transgender, lesbian and gay survivors of abuse through education, organizing and advocacy. We are a national leader in the anti-violence field, are financially sound, and are in a place of growth from our current staff of 13. We have a strong four-person leadership team, which includes the previous long-serving ED. This is an important and exciting time in our long history to be a part of a nationally recognized, progressive and changemaking organization!
In addition to assuming the duties typically associated with a non-profit Executive Director, below are priority areas for the Interim period:
- Thoughtfully and skillfully steward staff through the impacts of organizational transitions and in rebuilding towards shared goals and vision for the organization’s mission.
- Act as a resource and support to the Board of Directors with an emphasis on capacity building, recruitment, and strategic planning.
- Develop and strengthen regular and consistent performance evaluation metrics organization wide.
- Assess, prioritize, and strengthen key finance, operations, and internal HR systems.
- Alignment with the NW Network’s values and mission.
- A proven track record of successfully leading organizations through times of significant transition.
- Working knowledge of nonprofit fiscal management and grant contracts.
- Experience working with non-profit Boards and Board development.
- Proven leadership in coaching, management, and communication especially in complex and diverse settings.
- Our expectation is that the Interim Director will not stand as a candidate for the permanent position.
EXPECTED DURATION: 4-6 months
SALARY AND HOURS: Negotiable
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in discussing the potential to fill this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your qualifications and “Interim ED” in the email subject line.